Areas of Practice
Experienced Services to Protect Your Interests
When it comes to issues such as creating a will, ensuring you are receiving the correct Medicaid benefits, forming a new business entity and more, you need an experienced, compassionate attorney on your side. At McKenney & McKenney, Thomas P. McKenney and his team work with families, individuals, small businesses, and government organizations in Holly, Fenton, and Grand Blanc, MI.
As part of our commitment to providing the highest quality legal services, we attend continuing education courses to stay up-to-date on the latest legislation and court decisions. As a client of our firm, you can rest assured that you and your interests are in the best possible hands.
We provide caring, comprehensive estate planning services that give our clients peace of mind about the future, should a loved one become injured, develop an illness, or pass suddenly. We encourage our clients to create an estate plan to protect their loved ones and make sure that their assets are properly distributed as they see fit.
When you come to McKenney & McKenney, you will receive personalized attention and care when it comes to creating your estate plan. We take into account:
● Identifying assets
● Determining property to be distributed after death
● Making a plan for long-term care in case of disability or illness for you or your spouse
● Minimizing any income, estate, gift or generation-skipping transfer taxes
● Making sure documents are in place to distribute your property and determine the conditions under which a beneficiary will receive it
● Organizing documents that will be put into place to preserve family wealth
No matter the net worth of your estate, our team can help you get your affairs in order. We provide experienced assistance and tax counsel in the following areas:
● Guardianships & Conservatorships
● Special Needs Trusts
● Medical Powers of Attorney
● Charitable Giving
● Retirement Planning
● General Durable Powers of Attorney
● Probate Avoidance
● Estate Litigation
● Family Business Succession Plans
● Family Trusts
The team at McKenney & McKenney is here to assist you throughout the entire probate process. We provide support and legal guidance during this difficult time and will make sure the wishes of the deceased are fulfilled. We make sure everything goes smoothly and will defend your rights in the case that challenges arise, including:
● Will Contests
● Asset Location
● Trust Interpretation Disputes
● Fiduciary Compensation
● Outstanding Debt Determination
● Property Distribution
● Proof that a Valid Will Exists
● Surcharge Claims involving Executors, Trustees, & Guardians
When you reach your golden years, you deserve to enjoy your time relaxing and focusing on the things that matter most, like your family and friends. Our team of professionals will take care of your legal manners, so you can live your post-retirement life to the fullest, without any legal worries.
For over 50 years, McKenney & McKenney has been helping seniors with a variety of legal matters, including but not limited to:
● Wills & Trusts
● Estate Planning
● Social Security benefits
● Elder abuse
● Tax issues
● Powers of attorney
● Medical directives and living wills
● Nursing home negligence
● Nursing home and assisted living care
● Age discrimination
● & More
At McKenney & McKenney, we understand the difficulties of managing a successful business. If you have your own business, you can avoid legal or financial pitfalls with the help of our experienced, knowledgeable attorney.
For over 50 years, we have provided thousands of business owners with legal assistance they can rely on for the best chance of success. From start-up firms to long-established companies, we have helped businesses achieve better organization and improved efficiency.
Our legal services for businesses include, but are not limited to:
● Breach of contract
● Commercial and civil litigation
● Due diligence
● Limiting personal liability
● Contact review and development
● Shareholder disputes
● Buy and sell agreements
● Business formation and advice
Municipal law also determines how theoretical Constitutional protections are followed. Zoning decisions to private property rights are all determined through municipal law.
Newly elected officials usually need to be educated on the differences between standard operating procedures in public and private sectors. At McKenney & McKenney, we have the knowledge, experience, and resources necessary to keep those in charge stay current on municipal laws, and we hold them accountable when they don’t follow them properly.
We understand the nuances of municipal law and are committed to representing local government organizations, as well as individuals, in cases including but not limited to:
● Boundary changes
● Building and construction
● Economic development
● Elected officials
● Eminent domain
● Governing bodies
● Freedom of Information Act
● Land use, annexation, zoning and condemnation
● Legal issues incidental to managing city services
● Open meeting and records laws compliance
● Ordinance drafting
● Water and sewer utility rate issues
For more information about our services, or to schedule an appointment, give us a call today at, contact us today at 248-328-9133. Or, fill out the form above and we will be in touch as soon as possible.
The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.